Our client is one of the leading law firm based in Nairobi. They are seeking for an experienced Conveyancing Advocate who will be tasked with the settlement and title transfer process by ensuring that their client is meeting all legal obligations and that the client’s rights are protected during this transaction.
• Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
• Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
• Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities.
• Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
• Prepare property lease agreements ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
• Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, and Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
• Drafting legal documents.
• Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
• Researching information and communicating with clients.
• Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a current Practicing Certificate.
• Have at least 5 years post Admission working experience in a busy Law firm.
• The Advocate should be ready to work and be stationed in Nairobi.
• Be computer literate.
• Be proactive, self motivated and aggressive.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have the ability to work as a team.
• Be a person of unquestionable integrity with a high sense of professionalism.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have ability to handle pressure.
• Have the ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please apply via the apply.