The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) is Kenya’s premier bar association, with membership of all practicing advocates, currently numbering over thirteen thousand members.
It has the mandate to advise and assist members of the legal profession, the government and the larger public in all matters relating to the administration of justice in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in supporting and initiating programs for the Public Interest and Advocacy Directorate
- Assist in managing and assisting clients at the legal aid desk.
- Assist in engaging relevant stakeholders in policy and legal reform
- Assist to manage and update the pro bono database and public interest
- Assist in case management of matters LSK is involved in and liaison with advocates on record
- Assist in coordinating and implementing activities and meetings of LSK committees
- Assisting in initiating and implement partnership initiatives
- Assist in developing position papers and policy briefs on emergent issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Secretary/CEO
At the time of applying, have been admitted to the Advocates Training Programme at the Kenya School of Law (KSL) in its current academic year.
Hold an LLB degree from a recognized university.
Candidates afforded pupillage in the past by Law Society are not eligible to apply