About the Company
Kenya Utalii College (KUC) is a leading African hospitality and tourism training institution. Established 47 years ago the College has trained over 60,000 graduates from around the world who continue to serve in the local and international hospitality and tourism industry. The College opened its doors in 1975 and was established under the Hotels and Restaurants Act, (Cap. 494, Laws of Kenya) which has since been replaced by the Tourism Act, 2011.
Person SpecificationsFor appointment to this grade, an officer must have:Master’s degree from a recognized institutionBachelors of laws degree from a recognised institutionAt least fifteen (15) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a management rolePostgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya school of lawAdmitted as an advocate of the High court of KenyaLeadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institutionMember of a profession al body where applicableFulfilled the requirements of chapter six of the constitutionDemonstrate resultants’ in work performanceComputer proficiency skills
- Advising KUC on various legal matters and monitoring the compliance of KUC with various applicable regulations.
- Representing the organization in court Monitoring policy, strategy and programs for legal services.
- Oversee compliance issues within KUC Providing timely legal advice to assist KUC in making an informed decision.
- Support in the development of council calendars Liaising with Attorney General (AG) office and advising KUC on legal matters.
- Attending to legal matters of KUC including advising, vetting and drafting of legal agreements in relation to KUC’s operations.
- Liaising with the functional units on queries or legal matters that should arise that relate to KUC’s affairs.
Legal counseling, Legal analysis, Dispute resolution and arbitration, Judicial processes and litigation