Our client, CM ADVOCATES LLP is a premier legal and business advisory firm in Kenya and within the East Africa Community (EAC) providing its customers with a one-stop-shop for their legal and business advisory needs.
The Nairobi Head Office seeking to fill the following position:
Associate (Advocate)- Corporate Commercial Business Unit
CM Advocates LLP is looking to hire a knowledgeable, experienced and dependable resource with knowledge of all aspects on commercial, corporate and employment law and practice. Our client is keen on hiring a person with a special bias towards law on Intellectual Property; Data Protection; Contract Review; ESG; Public Private Partnerships, Capital Markets, Labour, Employment and Immigration law. The applicant should also be one who is able to work in a consultative, collaborative and flexible manner.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
• Assisting with drafting, review and interpretation of commercial agreements;
• Providing legal advisory and handling of both simple and complex matters in the highlighted areas of specialisation;
• Assisting in thought leadership activities including content generation, writing of articles and trainings in the specific areas of expertise;
• Drafting and issuing concise, accurate, innovative and practical legal opinions and advisory;
• Assisting in due diligence exercises, conducting health scans and implementing the relevant reports;
• Driving initiatives for successful execution of the Corporate Commercial Department’s set goals.
• Developing and assisting on the department’s business development initiatives; and
• Analyzing and interpreting patterns and trends in the industry and sensitizing clients through issuance of articles and legal alerts.
• Second Class Upper Bachelor’s degree in law
• Equivalent of 4 – 6 years post admission qualification experience in corporate, commercial and labour law and practice, with the ability to exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrated experience in working on large scale transactions with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of research methodologies, concepts, practices, and procedures
• Quick execution of instructions in a manner that does not compromise the quality of the services
• Detail oriented
• The ability to build, cultivate and maintain highly effective working relationships with team members and clients as well as other third parties.
• Critical and innovative thinking
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent legal research skills
• Advanced analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop original research agendas
• Interpersonal skills
• Data collection
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “ASSOCIATE CORPORATE COMMERCIAL” by Thursday 8th February 2024 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted